“The so-called Operational Calendar provided for an 18-point programme for the implementation of the Package, certain guarantees thereto, and arrangements for closing the question, as follows:
1. Provisional signature of a
Treaty changing Article 27(a) of the European Convention for the Peaceful
Settlement of Disputes in so far as relations between
3. Approval by the Italian Parliament of the declaration by the Italian Prime Minister concerning the implementation of the Package and the Operational Calendar as a Government programme.
4. Approval by the Nationatrat of the declaration of the Austrian Chancellor concerning the Package and the Operational Calendar.
5. Creation of the Italian Committee to prepare the measures of the Package.
6. Verbal declarations by the Austrian and Italian delegates to the United Nations General Assembly.
7. First vote on the new Constitutional Law in the Italian Chamber and Senate.
8. Signature of the Treaty mentioned in point 1 above.
9. Parliamentary approval of the Treaty mentioned in point 1 above, and, at the same time, final approval of the new Italian Constitutional Law.
10. Parliamentary approval of the ordinary Italian laws.
11. Emission of the executive measures implementing the new Italian Constitutional Law.
12. Publication of the decree relating to the transfer of offices and personnel from the Region to the Provinces in accordance with the new powers of the Provinces.
(This period of time not to begin' until publication of the decree mentioned in stage 12 above, in the event that the decree is not-published within 30 days of the emission of the last executive measures implementing the new Constitutional Law).
14. Italian Note acknowledging the Austrian declaration.
15. The Austrian and Italian Governments to inform the Secretary General of the United Nations of the settlement of the dispute.
16. The Austrian and Italian Governments to inform the Registrar of the International Court of the Treaty mentioned in stage 1 above.
17. The Austrian and Italian Governments to inform the Secretary General of the Council of Europe of the Treaty mentioned in stage 1 above.
18. Possible conclusion of an Austro-Italian Friendship and Cooperation Treaty.”
Translation in English in:
Alcock Antony, The History of the South Tyrol Question,
Political Sciences Doctoral Studies Thesis, Graduate Institute of International
Studies, Genève, Michael Joseph LTD,